LFS <lfahlb...@gmail.com> writes:

> Question: With the iPython notebook  - do you get the sage notebook,
> that is do you get the ability to put in html code as text?  Thanks.

The IPython notebook doesn't support inserting arbitrary HTML into the
document, but you can use Markdown (the lightweight markup language
popularly used on various websites such as Reddit, GitHub, Stack
Overflow, etc. This should probably be sufficient for simple things like
formatted lecture notes or other text or captions.

> BTW: Is sagenb.org closed to new registrations? (I just started my
> new semester and one of my kids complained. Sorry to go off thread.)

Not as far as I know... please ask your student to post on sage-support
or on sage-notebook about the issue they are having.

-Keshav