On Jun 10, 2013 7:16 AM, "Ursula Whitcher" <whitc...@uwec.edu> wrote:

> On Friday, June 7, 2013 12:18:49 PM UTC-5, William wrote:
>>

>> By the way, I'm curious what features are missing from
>> https://cloud.sagemath.com that you might need for it to work for your
>> project?   For example, what extra packages would you need,
>> documentation, etc.?  Too many bugs (if so, which ones, so I can fix
>> them)?   Is the network connection too slow?  Not enough disk space?
>> Compute servers are too slow?
>>

> Well, to start with I would need to know cloud.sagemath.com existed: this
wasn't an option last time I had a problem that couldn't be solved at
sagenb.org .

It's only existed for just over a month.

>> Last night I rolled out a feature so multiple people can collaborate
>> on worksheets, files, terminals, etc. in the same project (=a Linux
>> account on a VM) simultaneously, which could be useful for
>> collaborative projects.
>>
>> Also, you can download and install your own copy of Sage into a
>> project on cloud.sagemath, and even switch to using that copy of Sage
>> for worksheets.
>

> Documentation is definitely key here: when you first log in to
cloud.sagemath.org, it just tells you "a project is a collection of files
and folders".  It's not obvious that you'll get a Linux machine from a
project.  It's also not obvious to me which of the several ways of
installing Sage is the proper one for this setting.

There is no documentation yet though I started writing some yesterday...