Le jeudi 13 juin 2013 16:54:50 UTC+2, Stephen Nuchia a écrit :

> I think the reason for it is probably because Sage variables are so often
> words rather than letters  When using LaTeX directly on formulas involving
> typical programming variable names one has to override the "carefully tuned
> spacing" in just this way.
>
> A patch to leave out the space when both sides of a product are numeric
> literals,

Yikes ! In this case I'd keep the spacing (or add \cdot) ! I want some form
of visual distinction between twelve times thirty-four and one thousand two
hundreds thirty-four accessible *also* to presbytic and hypermetropic
people. Unless you want to reinforce the canard pretending that an
acceptable mathematician is a young (or myopic) mathematician...

> single-letter variables

Disputable but acceptable

> or have non-default (user defined) latex forms

OK.

> would be a nice little project for somebody.
>
> On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:55:29 AM UTC-5, shersonb wrote:
>>
>> As it stands, latex(2*x) will return:
>>
>> 2 \, x
>>
>> and thus leaves a space between the 2 and the x when compiled. This does
>> not look very good, IMO. Is there an option some where that I can set so
>> that this behavior is avoided, so that the above will return "2 x" instead?
>>
> Shouldn't that be 2{}x instead ? Just asking...

             Emmanuel Charpentier