On 7/26/13 6:59 AM, Jotace wrote:
HI all,

Next fall I willl be teaching a vector calculus course for 1st year
physics students (25 students in my group). I'll use SAGE, and I'm
planning to embed lots of SAGE code inside web pages in the Moodle site
for my course.

Awesome!

I've been doing some tests, ant everything seems to work quite nicely,
I'm using the code found in
http://aleph.sagemath.org/static/about.html?v=103b2268085e3a183130be519fb55ce7

The updated web address is https://sagecell.sagemath.org. Right now, aleph just points to that.

As I understand, this makes that the SAGE code is ran by the aleph
server, but one (not me, as the bounds imposed by my computer skills are
rather low) could install and configure a local server. The question is
then : what should I do? ask for a local installation in my department
or keep using aleph?

That's up to you. 20 simultaneous users should be supported on sagecell.sagemath.org, so you can keep using that.

In the first case, will it be easy for the IT department people to keep
the server up-to date? In the second case, Is there any risk that
multiple (around 20) simultaneous (some times) users can make the server
crash?

I can post the virtual image I use to run sagecell.sagemath.org, if that helps. It is straightforward to install the sage cell server into an existing Sage installation as well.

Thanks,

Jason