I would have thought that A.monomial(L) where L is either a listor
tuple of the right length would be a very natural thing to add for
multivariate polynomial rings.  You could define your own as a
work-around:

sage: def monomial(A,L):
    return A({tuple(L): A.base_ring().one_element()})

sage: monomial(A,[2,3,4])
x^2*y^3*z^4

John