On 10/22/13 12:39 AM, rickhg12hs wrote:
Since Sage depends on the host system's runsnake command, how about
letting it have its LD_LIBRARY_PATH to run?  Changing one line in
.../sage/misc/dev_tools.py allows it to work on my system.

Last line of current runsnake definition:

     os.system("/usr/bin/python -E `which runsnake` %s &"%tmpfile)

Proposed change to use host system's LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

     os.system("LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${SAGE_ORIG_LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
/usr/bin/python -E `which runsnake` %s &"%tmpfile)

We've had this problem for a long time in running system commands. That's why we have the sage-native-execute script (which does what you suggest and at least one more thing). The idea behind the sage-native-execute script is to set the environment back to the system environment:

https://github.com/sagemath/sage/blob/master/src/bin/sage-native-execute (see http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/975)

It certainly can be improved (http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/9386; http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/10286).

Can you try running runsnake with sage-native-execute?

Thanks,

Jason