Hi everyone,

I want to count the number of non-zero entries in a matrix but I can't find
a Sage command to do this. Instead, I found a NumPy command
numpy.count_nonzero to do it.

I tested it in the online Sage Cell server: https://sagecell.sagemath.org/
The code goes like this:         import numpy as np
                                            mm = matrix(ZZ, 2, 3,
[1,0,2,0,0,0])
                      print mm
                      print np.count_nonzero(mm)

It worked in the Sage Cell Server. However, when I tried it out in Sage
v5.12 in Linux. There is an error message: " 'module' object has no
attribute 'count_nonzero' ". Also, when I typed numpy.<tab> to see all
possible commands, numpy.count_nonzero does not appear. It seems as though
there is no such command.

I am willing to use other simple commands as long as I get to count the
nonzero entries of a matrix. Perhaps someone can help me with this...

Thanks!

Cheers,
Eileen.