Hi,

I wanted to find the probability to a given entropy, say 0.9

H = lambda p:((p - 1)*log(-p + 1)/log(2) - p*log(p)/log(2)).n() - 0.9;
print 'root at', find_root(f,0.5,0.9);       # returns correct root
0.683980653676
print 'root at', find_root(f,0.5,1.0);       # returns 0.0 and no warning
or explanation
plot(H,0.5,1.0);                                # plots without complaining

this happens independent of entropy 0.9
I could not read the object that contains information about convergence
with option

full_output – bool (default: False), if True, also return object that
contains information about convergence.

It took me too long to become aware of the reason of the return value 0.0
Maybe there is a way to spare others the same experience.
Best Eggart