On 11/25/2013 09:36 PM, Vince wrote:
Apologies for bringing up an old question (very neat how the google
group pointed me to it before I asked my question). We have a sage
server that has been hanging a bit recently and I had to restart it for
the first time today (completely unresponsive until I did at which point
it was good as new). Has the command changed and it is now: timeout?
I.e. starting a server with below will timeout after 1200 seconds (20
minutes).

notebook(interface='localhost',
directory='./sage_notebook.sagenb',port=8000, accounts=True,
timeout=1200, server_pool=['sage%d@localhost'%i for i in range(100)],
ulimit='-u 100 -t 36000 -v 500000', open_viewer=None)

I'm also pasting the whole command in there just in case there's
anything else we're doing that might not be quite right...

I suggest setting the ulimit from the terminal before starting sage. The ulimit command from inside the notebook() command doesn't work. See
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/11939