According to the download website
(http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/sagemath/sage-mirror/osx/intel/index.html),
 the main difference between the two binaries is that one is geared towards
Unix-style CLI use on OS X, and the other is meant to be a clickable Mac-style
binary. The README in both disk images reflects this distinction.

However, having downloaded both disk images, I don't see a "sage" folder in the
Unix-style CLI disk image. I only see the README, and "Sage.app" (technically a
folder, but not named "sage"), so the first-level directory layout looks the
same, and double-clicking on Sage.app from the Unix-style CLI disk image starts
Sage without having to resort to any of the additional steps for launching Sage
from the README.

Obviously, the two disk images are different; they have different checksums,
and different file sizes. Could someone explain the differences in a little
more detail?