Hi all,

I am trying to use the interface to use the Mixed Integer Programming
features in Sage. One of the things I would like to do is to limit the
execution time to a certain number of seconds and return the current best
valid solution.

When trying to follow the instructions here:
http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/numerical/sage/numerical/backends/glpk_backend.html#sage.numerical.backends.glpk_backend.GLPKBackend.solver_parameter
I run into problems.

When setting the timelimit parameter to 10 seconds for example and checking
the value of the parameter afterwards, I can see it has been updated, but
the program execution ignores the setting and just keeps running for a long
time.
I tried setting instead to set the timelimit_intopt parameter to 10000, but
when I do this, I get "ValueError: This parameter is not available."
I went to the code to check I was using the correct string and I see
nothing wrong.

I am using Sage 6.1.1 on Ubuntu 64 bits.

Thank you in advance for your valuable help