On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 11:36 PM, Michael Yurko <myu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've recently started using sagemath cloud as opposed to a local instance of
> the notebook. One big difference I've noticed is that in the cloud version,
> all intermediate output is being printed. However, this is quite annooying
> when trying to make a plot with matplotlib since writing something like
> "plt.xlabel('label')" will produce output. Is there a way to suppress this an
> get the old behavior of the notebook back?

No there is currently no way to switch to the old sagenb mode.    What
happens is that the input is divided into blocks and each is executed
individually with the standard python sys.displayhook behavior.
There are some workarounds, e.g., (1) put your code in a function and
call that function, (2) _ = plt.xlabel('label'),   (3) disable
sys.displayhook somehow.

William

William Stein
Professor of Mathematics