Thank you! I have a lot to learn about Sage, I can see. Will study &
experiment with recn.

In most cases, an integer exponent should look like "2" and not
"2.0000000", don't you think? So I guess I would not n() the exponents.

I have just started using Sage and SMC with some online classes. It's great
to:
- check work with units of measure
- take notes that look like math rather than COBOL (+1 typeset_mode)
- do symbolic and numerical calculations in those same typeset notes

I'm hooked. :-)