On Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:28:35 AM UTC-7, Jole Bradbury wrote:

> I can't. I've tried compiling sagecell using the instructions posted
> online and have gotten countless errors. It appears that it is because I am
> running 10.9 not 10.6, but I cannot revert back to 10.6.

OSX 10.9 I presume? Just make a virtual machine with your favourite Linux
flavour and set it up there. If this server is going to be facing  anything
remotely public, it will need insane lockdown anyway and running on a
virtual machine tends to be the first step for that anyway nowadays. That
frees you from 10.9 worries already.

The problem with communicating with the regular notebook via curl is that
there is quite a bit of state (including authentication!) on the browser
side. You'd have to track that and ensure that curl has that available.
You'd end up implementing the network facing part of a browser. I imagine
that some python libraries would be more suitable for that.