I'm not sure I understand.  What do you mean when you say there is no
debugging?  A recipe for what used to work and doesn't now would be great.

I certainly didn't intend to make things harder to debug, but maybe that's why
EMBEDDED_MODE wasn't used before.  I like the interface a lot better this way
though.  I guess I could change the plot functionality to recognize EMACS_MODE
or something.

-Ivan