On Friday, August 29, 2014 1:19:32 PM UTC-4, Pierre wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Let's draw two discs with region_plot:
>
> sage: disc1= region_plot(lambda x, y : x^2+y^2 < 1, (x, -1, 1), (y, -1, 1))
> sage: disc2= region_plot(lambda x, y : (x-0.7)^2+(y-0.7)^2 < 0.5, (x, -2,
> 2), (y, -2, 2) )
>
> If we plot them separately, no problem. However if we try
>
> sage: disc1 + disc2
>
> then one of the discs disappears almost entirely ! This is sage 6.2 on a
> MacBook.

If you do

disc2 + disc1

you will see some of what is going on.  If you change

disc1= region_plot(lambda x, y : x^2+y^2 < 1, (x, -1, 1), (y, -1, 1),
incol='red', outcol='orange')

you will really start having fun :)

I hadn't seen the plots yet when I said zorder - this is more of a
cancellation thing going on with two uses of matplotlib and will take a
little more thought, because probably we are somewhat abusing things by
using contourf twice in the same subplot.