Hi Peter, hi Martin,

somehow both approaches I think don't work for me. For example, the square
(m1^2) is carried in both approaches, even though it can be simplified to
m1 in GF(2). I would like sage to account for the GF(2) in order to
simplify terms. For example I would expect that x * (x + 1) is simplified
to 0 if x is a variable in GF(2).

Is there a way to do this or does sage lack that funcitonality?

Thank you,
Kim