I’m really sorry.  I haven’t had enough time for sage-mode as I would like
lately.  In particular, I’m having problems building recent versions of sage,
likely due to my extensive use of home brew.

Did you upgrade your Emacs version?  If so it might be Issue #42:
https://bitbucket.org/gvol/sage-mode/issue/42/sage-mode-is-completely-broken-on-emacs

If that’s the case, there is a workaround there.  I just need to figure out how
to package that up nicely.

Since, I keep getting bugs on interaction with Sage, I think I might rewrite
that portion completely, probably based on sage-shell-mode:
https://github.com/stakemori/sage-shell-mode

So, you might consider using that (available on MELPA for easy installation) in
the mean time.  I’ve tried it a little, but not extensively.

-Ivan