Hi Jeroen Demeyer,
thanks for the reply. My default gcc is 4.7.2-5 you're probably right
though. Synaptics say that binutils is version 2.22-8 and that's the latest
version I can upgrade it if I move to the unstable repos. Is that the path
I should take? I'm a bit unsure about moving to unstable specially because
I don't know how to keep it from upgrading everything else and leaving my
system you know...unstable :)

Thanks again,
E.