On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Pierre <pierre.guil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree. Surely in the code one has started with a right action (say) and
> has then decided to sometimes convert it to a left action using inverses.
>
> However, some consistency would be good :-) After all, various pieces of
> code seem to disagree on what U is...

Yes, this is not documented well enough. Thanks very much for pointing this out!

BTW, in case someone finds this sage-support thread via a google
search, here is a page on switching between the left and right action
conventions which might help:
http://groupprops.subwiki.org/wiki/Switching_between_the_left_and_right_action_conventions