Hi,

I have a power series f in K[[x]] where K is a finite field, and I know
that it is algebraic over K(x). I'm looking for an explicit polynomial P in
K[x, y] such that P(x, f) = 0. I can figure out a bound for the degree of P
in y, in my example (though not in x).

Given this post

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/sage-support/power$20series/sage-support/hcH-mtERhHg/bo4xG1sNs5kJ

I doubt that Sage can do this out of the box. I would be grateful though
for any tips on existing sage functionality that would help with my problem.

If anyone thinks this is hopelessly hard, by the way, please let me know !
(I myself haven't got an intuition yet for how difficult this is.)

Thanks !

Pierre