On 01/26/2016 03:30 PM, Volker Braun wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 12:16:01 PM UTC-5, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>
>     The default should be NoColor, since whatever color scheme we choose is
>     going to be awful for a large number of users.
>

> I disagree, the default should be good on white background. Every
> reasonable terminal uses that by default as UX research time again
> proved that this is the most readable color scheme.

You're just using "reasonable" to mean "has the color scheme I like."
We're not talking about a major improvement for the people who use a
light background. It's eye candy, at the cost of catastrophic failure on
terminals with dark backgrounds. Most people who start sage and see
dark-blue-on-black aren't going to go find a mailing list, sign up, and
ask for the secret commands to make it work the way it should already.