PS and a lot of keys don't work under emacs, but that's also true with my
local emacs -- all the apple keys create a lot of confusion. But that's not
really an issue normally, since under emacs i move all the keys around
anyway. However I have to say, with emacs under SMC some combinations of
keys do not work, like CTRL + , which is how i produce a \ normally. Given
that the meta key is ESC, all in all i don't use emacs much under SMC.