Le mardi 24 mai 2016 16:03:55 UTC+2, Michael Orlitzky a écrit :

> If you're sure that every expression involved is real, that's still the
> correct answer, because x == 0. If sqrt(x) or sqrt(-x) might not be
> real, you're going to get nonsense calling simplify_real() on them.

Yes, I think this is the very spirit of this simplify_real() function: it
gives standard results for real expressions, with sqrt considered as a
bijective map R+ --> R+, whose inverse is R+ --> R+, x |--> x^2.
Another example of good behavior of simplify_real():

sage: assume(x<0)
sage: sqrt(x^2).simplify_real()
-x

Best regards,