On Thursday, 21 July 2016 08:57:55 UTC+10, Paul Leopardi wrote:

> The build now gets past the point where it failed previously.

The build now fails in dochtml with a problem that looks like this WONTFIX
bug:  https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/18891
and also looks like this unresolved issue:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/sage-devel/Lz4NjfvjMbg/c-xdU8uwAAAJ
It also looks like this bug https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/21014
which is fixed in this commit:
https://git.sagemath.org/sage.git/commit?id=d741fbb99328eb03aea7c78db8d8370700ee705c

I will wipe the sage-7.2 directory again, but before starting the make, I
will apply the patch described in the commit.
Before I do so, I will try an experiment: apply the patch to the existing
sage-7.2 directory, and run make again.