Ah, I found the "Share..." button on SMC, which then allows to publish.
Here is an example:
https://cloud.sagemath.com/projects/34b4b62a-2621-47c8-9bda-cde3a855f995/files/v-notch.sagews
It appears that .sws (i.e. sagenb worksheets) get automatically converted
to .sagews, which seems to work in SMC. I guess that in the long term, I
will have to get away from sagenb and start using jupyter? What a shame, as
sagenb works just great.
Then, maybe a combination of github and SMC will be the best approach.