Still for the record, the current ipywidgets can be used
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-support/RK9eBs-xbjE/0SXD8dzICgAJ> in
the current Jupyter notebook (see also the rest of the thread, which gives
useful advice).

Note that, since ipywidgets does not know anything about Sage types, your
code should use Python types for the sliders (and convert accordingly to
Sage types if you need so).

Note also that your code will run fine in the Jupyter notebook, but
probably not in the old Sage notebook (I didn't test that). The integration
of ipywidgets 6 should allow to write "universal" code.

HTH,

--
Emmanuel Charpentier