Sage has a package called 4ti2 ("sage -i 4ti2" will install it, at least if
your Sage installation is
compiled from source, other, which gives you a tool to compute with
groebner bases of binomial ideals
(more precisely, toric ideals, but this is more or less the same)
see http://www.4ti2.de/groebner.html
In particular the universal GB of toric ideals are known as Graver bases,
see e.g. p.60 of
https://homepages.warwick.ac.uk/staff/D.Maclagan/papers/indialectures.pdf.gz
and they can be computed by 4ti2, see http://www.4ti2.de/graver.html

HTH