On 12/29/2016 04:46 AM, Fjordforsk A/S wrote:
> Thanks Michael. I am plotting it now, and it is just waiting without giving
> a crash.
> Is it automatically right to use complex_plot command to plot the imaginary
> part of the same plot as given below?

It depends, do you expect your function to take on complex values? When
plotting, sage is forced to evaluate your expression numerically at a
number of points. That isn't 100% accurate, and you can wind up with a
situation where expression1 == expression2, but numerically evaluating
(expression1 - expression2) gives you e.g. 0.00000000000134*i.

In cases like that, you want to throw away the imaginary part, because
your function isn't actually imaginary. If you were to use complex_plot
on something like that, the result would only mislead you.