On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 3:52:05 PM UTC, João Alberto Ferreira
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Here it is the command output.
>
> [defrancaferr_joa@javel ~]$ as --version
> GNU assembler version 2.20.51.0.2-5.44.el6 20100205

Thanks, this explains your problem. Your assembler is 7 years old, and your
CPU
is only 4 years old, if not newer. You are building with (sage-supplied)
gcc 4.9, which issues correct assembler commands for your CPU.
But your assembler does not understand some of them, as it is too old.

Why Centos is so lame in this respect, we've seen many reports like this...
You should upgrade your toolchain so that your assembler fully supports you
CPU.

HTH,
Dima

> This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
> the GNU General Public License version 3 or later.
> This program has absolutely no warranty.
> This assembler was configured for a target of `x86_64-redhat-linux'.
>
> On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 12:05:22 PM UTC+1, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
>>
>> please post the output of
>>
>> as --version
>>
>> on the system. I guess it is too old to understand the whole range of
>> assembler commands for your CPU.
>>

>> On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 10:09:27 AM UTC, João Alberto Ferreira
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I have tried to compile sagemath under a CentOS 6.8 machine, as the
>>> binaries for Fedora do not work. The installation halted with an error
>>> while building OpenBlas. Made the error is due to the machine CPU, as
>>> discussed in https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/7653, but I have
>>> little experience in this. Part of the installation log is attached. I
>>> updated the operating system and want to try build Sage again. Does anyone
>>> have any sugestion?
>>>
>>> It seems that all developing tools are installed, as can be seen below
>>>
>>> [defrancaferr_joa@javel ~]$ rpm -q perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker
>>> perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.55-141.el6_7.1.x86_64
>>> [defrancaferr_joa@javel ~]$ which perl
>>> /usr/bin/perl
>>> [defrancaferr_joa@javel ~]$ rpm -q binutils
>>> binutils-2.20.51.0.2-5.44.el6.x86_64