Hi all:

This is kind of a newbie question, as I'm not an expert on simplicial
complexes. It's also a minor technical issue on the documentation, not
the code.

I'm trying to debug some code of mine and, on reading the
documentation for chain_complex on
http://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/homology/sage/homology/simplicial_complex.html,
found this: "The rows and columns of the boundary matrices are indexed
by the lists given by the n_cells() method, which by default are
sorted." On the other hand, the documentation for n_cells has this
statement: "Sort the list if the argument sort is True. If sort is
None (the default), then sort depending on the value of the
sort_facets parameter (from  the initialization of the simplicial
complex)." However, the sort_facets parameter (unless I'm mistaken)
does not sort the individual faces but rather sorts the vertices in
each facet. In my code, I expected the faces of a fixed dimension to
be returned as a deterministic sorted list not a set whose ordering
could be random. Now, it *does* seem as though the faces are sorted.
It's just that, to me, the documentation of n_cells doesn't make that
clear.

I'm asking if I'm mis-understanding something here or not.

- David Joyner