Wed 2018-06-06 10:11:20 UTC, Francesco:

In an earlier post, I wrote:

> When creating animated pictures, Sage will take advantage
> of imagemagick and/or ffmpeg if they are installed system-wide.
> See the documentation of "animate" at
>
> https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/reference/plotting/sage/plot/animate.html

Rather than "if they are installed system-wide", I should have
written "if they are installed and Sage can locate them".

In the case of running Sage via Sage-Windows, this means they
should be available to the Cygwin environment Sage runs in.

It seems likely that the next version of Sage-Windows will
either have imagemagick and ffmpeg installed, or that it
will allow to install extra stuff in the underlying Cygwin.

In the meanwhile, you could try to build from source on
Cygwin, by following the instructions on this wiki page:

    https://trac.sagemath.org/wiki/Cygwin64Port

Note that at the end of the prerequisites section you should
insert the additional installation of imagemagick and ffmpeg
which hopefully can be realized by running

    apt-cyg install ffmpeg imagemagick

Another possibility you might want to explore is using the
Docker image for SageMath

    https://hub.docker.com/r/sagemath/sagemath/

or the Docker image for SageMath + computational topology:

    https://hub.docker.com/r/computop/sage/

and installing ffmpeg and imagemagick into those if they
are not already there.