The question

https://ask.sagemath.org/question/43517/conflicting-sage-vs-wolfram-evaluation-of-a-limit/

brought the following question to mind: can you specify the precision to
which a function is evaluated when plotting it? The particular
ask.sagemath.org question involves a function which has "inherent numerical
instability", as kcrisman says in his answer. For example, evaluating V(20,
1).n() will result in "ValueError: power::eval(): division by zero", but
V(20,1).n(300) gives an actual number. Is there a way to pass the numerical
precision to the plot function?

(I am not an expert in the plotting code in Sage, but when I look at the
plot code, I see the function "generate_plot_points" which calls
float(f(...)). That makes me think that the available precision is fixed.
But maybe I'm wrong.)

--
John