Fri 2018-11-30 23:43:00 UTC, David Guichard:

> In this page,
>
> http://skink.whitman.edu/~guichard/sage/two_plots_clean.html
>
> I have two sagecells, each to do a 3d plot. If I evaluate the first one,
> it works as expected. If I then evaluate the second, it graphs correctly,
> but it also replaces the first plot with a copy of the second. Neither of
> them is "live", that is, I can't rotate either version.
>
> If I first evaluate the second cell, it works as expected. If I then
> evaluate the first one, it also works as expected: I end up with two
> (different) plots, both live.
>
> I'd appreciate knowing how to fix this, if it's possible. I have tried a
> few things, such as changing the outputLocation, but nothing has worked so
> far.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Not sure how to explain what happens there,
or how to really fix it if sticking to jsmol is important.

If you do the 3D-plotting with three.js however,
the problem goes away.

This just amounts to adding viewer='threejs'
at the end of the plotting commands:

----
    # Trefoil knot tube
    t, u = SR.var('t u')
    assume(t, u, 'real')
    # First define the Trefoil knot spacecurve
    r = vector((sin(3 * t), 2 * sin(2 * t) + sin(t), cos(t) - 2 * cos(2 *
t)))
    # Next compute the T, N, and B vectors
    rp = diff(r, t)
    T = rp / rp.norm()
    Tp = diff(T, t)
    N = Tp / Tp.norm(2)
    B = T.cross_product(N)
    # Define the function to use for the radius of the circle
    radius(t) = 1/2
    # Define the vector function for the surface and plot it
    tube = r + radius(t) * cos(u) * N + radius(t) * sin(u) * B
    parametric_plot3d(tube, (t, 0, 2 * pi), (u, 0, 2 * pi),
                      plot_points=[100, 30], aspect_ratio=[1, 1, 1]
                      viewer='threejs')
----
----
    # The cone
    u, v = var('u v')
    assume(u, v, 'real')
    # Define the surface as a vector function
    r = vector((v * cos(u), v * sin(u), v))
    # Plot it
    parametric_plot3d(r, (u, 0, 2*pi), (v, 0, 5), aspect_ratio=[1, 1, 1],
                      viewer='threejs')
----