Hi again,

On 2018-12-07, slelievre <samuel.lelie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's competition between the words "recursion" and "recurrence",
> you might have had more luck with "recurr".

I'll try to do search_def("recur"), then.

However:

> This should be possible using either SymPy, or FriCAS,
> or the optional "Ore algebra" package:
>
>   http://www.kauers.de/software.html
>   https://github.com/mkauers/ore_algebra/

If I understand correctly, this and the "ask sage" and "sage-support"
links that you were providing mainly are about guessing a recurrence
that matches given data.

That's not what I am looking for. No data are given. Given is some
recursion formula; what we want to know is a corresponding closed formula.
Example: The recursion x_0=1 and x_(n+1) := f(x_n) = 2*x_n should result
in the closed formula x_n = 2^n.

I was just wondering if Sage could do such deductions more or less
automatically (and: how).

Best regards,
Simon