Dear Fan,

I definitely agree that browsing through the reference manual is a pain.
For general reference, I would advise to use one of the introductory
books that are better organized

- http://sagebook.gforge.inria.fr/english.html
- http://www.people.vcu.edu/~clarson/bard-sage-for-undergraduates-2014.pdf

The reference manual is compiled from the source code. It is efficient
if you want to know which option accept a given function. And the most
useful way to browse it is directly in the console (with one question
mark '?' and then enter)

sage: Mod?
Docstring:
   Return the equivalence class of n modulo m as an element of
   ZZ/mZZ.

   [...]

Python/Sage offers some convenient introspection that allows you
to obtain the source code (two question marks '??')

sage: Mod??
   [...]
File: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sage/rings/finite_rings/integer_mod.pyx

I copied only the last line because it mentions the file where
this function is implemented.

Vincent