Thank you. I tried already this option because that's what I often do on bionic linux, but I have a problem in wsl ubuntu : It can't decompress ?

tar xvfj sagexxxx stopped whitout any message ?

Le 11/04/2019 à 02:14, slelievre a écrit :

Le mercredi 10 avril 2019 21:59:52 UTC+2, HG a écrit :

> I read that we can run ubuntu linux (or other linux) on w10 wsl,
> I install it and as it is a bash I installed xming, after installing
> bionic sagemath 8.1.6 (which is quiet old) I run it on windows 10
> through the bash, personaly i found it quicker that the windows-sage
> version, but I haven't yet tested it to see if it's improving the use of
> sage on w10.
>
> But in all it's a good way to run linux on w10

Hi Henri,

thanks for reporting. Note that, if you installed Ubuntu using
the Windows Subsystem for Linux, then as an alternative to

    apt install sagemath

which gives you SageMath 8.1, you could use the SageMath
binary for Ubuntu from the Sage download page at

http://www.sagemath.org/download-linux.html

(Choose a mirror close to you, then select 64-bit, then
download sage-8.7-Ubuntu_18.04-x86_64.tar.bz2
either using the torrent link, which should be the fastest,
or by clicking sage-8.7-Ubuntu_18.04-x86_64.tar.bz2.)

This way you get the latest version of Sage for the
Ubuntu you installed in the WSL.

Some have also reported success in compiling SageMath
from source in Ubuntu in WSL, so you could get the latest
development version, currently Sage 8.8.beta1.

Samuel
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sage-support" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sage-support+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:sage-support+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to sage-support@googlegroups.com <mailto:sage-support@googlegroups.com>.