Hello,

My code worked happlily each time I launched it in SageMathCell until
recently. It now exits with the  error below in scipy.optimize.newton while
I didn't make any change;

Last lines of the trace :

/home/sc_serv/sage/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/numpy/core/numeric.pyc in
isclose(a, b, rtol, atol, equal_nan)   2519     y = array(y, dtype=dt,
copy=False, subok=True)   2520 -> 2521     xfin = isfinite(x)   2522     yfin =
isfinite(y)   2523     if all(xfin) and all(yfin):
TypeError: ufunc 'isfinite' not supported for the input types, and the inputs
could not be safely coerced to any supported types according to the casting
rule ''safe''

The curent versions in SageMathCell are the following (I don't know what
they used to be when the code was working)

Python : 2.7.15 (default, Oct  6 2019, 03:20:16) [GCC 7.4.0]
Numpy : 1.16.1
Scipy : 1.2.0

I gathered that the casting rules have changed but it seems that ufunc doesn't
take a "casting" argument in version 1.16 and I can't seem to fin a way to
override

the safe rule. I don't know how to import or install a different version in a
cell.

Any idea?

Thanks and regards,

Bertrand Cayzac bnhmcay...@gmail.com