On Wednesday, 6 May 2020 20:11:50 UTC+2, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

> On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 6:58 PM Szabolcs Horvát <szho...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
> >
> > I use sage 9.0 and sage 8.9 on macOS. I compiled them myself so I would
> gain access to other ILP solvers than GLPK.
> >
> > They work fine in command line mode. But if I start Sage 9.0 as sage
> --notebook, it gives me an interface to create a new notebook, which only
> has the kernel "Sage 8.9".  How can I get the Sage 9.0 kernel?
>
>  sage -notebook=jupyter
>
> should give you jupyter notebook.
>
> sagenb would only work with Python2 Sage (by default Sage 9.0 is built
> with Python3, not 2)

Yes, I do get a Jupyter page in the browser, but not a notebook. In order
to create a notebook, one must click "New" and choose the Jupyter kernel to
use. There is no Sage 9.0 kernel there. There are some of the Python
kernels I use independently of Sage, and there is Sage 8.9. How can I
install the Sage 9.0 kernel? Is there documentation on this?