How do I make sure the changes I have made to the code are present.
Do I need to restart sage or even recompile it? Or just restart the Kernel?
The change I have made is to ncpus.py .

Indeed Mac OS has no hasattr(os, "sysconf"): .

It should execute "sysctl -n hw.ncpu" which on my machine returns 4.

I can't quite follow the code as I am not used to indentation level
affecting code semantics. I know ncpus always returns 1.