On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 12:17 PM chandra chowdhury
<pc.chandr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For max=1, there is no solution but for max=2 it has solution.
> How can we find upper bound of max using loop for similar
> problem?
>
> p = MixedIntegerLinearProgram(solver='GLPK')
> x = p.new_variable()
> p.set_binary(x)
> p.set_objective(x[0] )
> p.add_constraint(x[0]+x[1],max=1)
> p.add_constraint(x[0],min=1)
> p.add_constraint(x[1],min=1)
>
> print p.show()
> print p.solve()
> A=p.get_values(x)
> print A

in this  case you don't even need a loop, you can compute the minimal
"max" directly:

sage: p = MixedIntegerLinearProgram(solver='GLPK')
....: x = p.new_variable()
....: p.set_binary(x)
....: p.set_objective(-x[0]-x[1])
....: p.add_constraint(x[0],min=1)
....: p.add_constraint(x[1],min=1)
....: p.show()
....: p.solve()
....: p.get_values([x])
....:
Maximization:
  - x_0 - x_1

Constraints:
  1.0 <= x_0
  1.0 <= x_1
Variables:
  x_0 is a boolean variable (min=0.0, max=1.0)
  x_1 is a boolean variable (min=0.0, max=1.0)
-2.0
[{0: 1.0, 1: 1.0}]