Hi

On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 at 10:32, Karima Shahzad <karimashah...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to safely uninstall Sage (all the packages), I tried running "sudo
> apt-get remove sagemath-upstream-binary" as I had installed from the
> source code binary, and it worked. Sage is inaccessible now via the
> terminal, but the directory is yet there including all the contents. Should
> I assume that it emptied all the occupied space? Can I move the folder
> directly to the trash?

sagemath-upstream-binary is from a PPA that was discontinued in 2017, and
last available on Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty (which is end of life since April
2019). The apt-get command you used would have removed it.

If you also downloaded source or a binary, perhaps for a newer sage
version, that would not be affected by apt. If you have no personal files,
documents, for example notebooks in there, you can safely delete it. The
folder might be called SageMath if it is a newer version, or something
sage-7.4-ubuntu-14.04.  You can move that directly to Trash.

Regards,
Jan

--
  .~.