Hi!

I have some Sage installation on one laptop, including many branches.
Now I want to move on a different laptop, keeping these branches.

I tried to do something like "cp -r", then checking out the latest
development version. I think it worked so far. But, when trying "make
distclean" or "make", I get a lot of AssertionErrors: Apparently
sage_bootstrap/package.py expects the package types 'base',
'standard', 'optional' or 'experimental', but nowadays many packages
have the type 'pip'.

How to find out what went wrong? And: What would be the recommended way
to get a working Sage installation on the new laptop that can use my old
branches?

Best regards,
Simon