Thanks, that answers my questions!

Le 15/04/2022 à 20:00, Matthias Koeppe a écrit :
On Friday, April 15, 2022 at 12:39:23 AM UTC-7 Jean-Florent Raymond wrote:

In order to test something I would like to remove from my sage install a
python package that I installed (and updated) some time ago.

First question:
How can I remove a package installed with "sage -i"? I found
instructions in the doc to install packages, but nothing to remove them.
Is "sage -i" the same as "sage -pip install" (and "pip install" in a
"sage -sh" session), so I can simply do "sage -pip uninstall"?

To uninstall a package SPKG, use either "make SPKG-clean" or "make
SPKG-uninstall" - depending on the package source type (see
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/developer/packaging.html#package-source-types).
(We are in the process of unifying this -
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/29097)

When checking if there remain some files named after this package after
the "sage -pip uninstall" command, I can see that the package is still
installed in:

sage/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/<package name>
sage/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/<package name>

I guess because I installed it when the python version of my sage
install was 3.7 or 3.9 (currently it is 3.10.3).

I don't think there is a reason to keep this, hence my second question :
how to remove this given that I don't have python3.7 or python3.9
anymore in sage-sh ? Can I just rm everything in
sage/local/lib/python3.7 and sage/local/lib/python3.9?

Yes, you can safely "rm" it.
Last question: what does "spkg" mean :) ?

I think it just means "Sage package".
Is it just any package that
can be installed to use with Sage, some of which are standard python
(pip-installable) packages and some with different install scripts?

Yes.