On Mon, Jul 11, 2022 at 8:24 PM 'Peter Mueller' via sage-support
<sage-support@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> OK, calling "sage -sh" and setting "export qe="~/local/sage/local" allows to
> start qepcad without relocating files. However, qepcad fails for this rather
> small example , telling "Failure occurred in:    GCSI (final check) Reason
> for the failure: Too few cells reclaimed." So either (i) qepcad has a bug
> here, or (ii) qepcad's abilities are rather limited, or (iii) I'm not using
> it the right way. If (i) or (ii) applies, there is little hope for
> improvements, since the project seems to have abandoned in 2012.

qepcad is certainly too old to be saved. One ought to implement
cylindrical algebraic decomposition (CAD)
in a modern way, e.g. in Sage...

On a practical side of things, I'd have converted your system into a
system of equations (using squares etc
to model inequalities) and then looked for real solutions only (e.g.
using msolve).

HTH
Dima