It may be (as pointed out on a similar thread in the group sage-devel) that
some of the Debian packages have versions that are too new to be used with
Sage. You could tell Sage to build its own Python, its own Gap, perhaps its
own Singular (if the system one is causing problems):

./configure --with-system-python3=no --with-system-gap=no
--with-system-singular=no