Hi,

I have a hard time factoring the number 71281426948143699070565 using
ecm.factor().  No result is given after a few minutes runtime.  Though,
plain factor() happily factors the number.  Factoring smaller or larger
numbers  work fine with ecm.factor(), too.  Just the single given number
seems to be problematic.

Am I doing something wrong?  Can someone confirm?

system:
Ubuntu 22.04
sagemath 9.5-4 (via apt)
Intel Pentium N5000
(SageMath and Python beginner)

example code factoring numbers in the range [71281426948143699070565  - L,
71281426948143699070565 + L]:

# Odd number.
n = 71281426948143699070565
# Limit.
L = 2
# Iterate over interval [-L, L].
for i in range(-L, L + 1):
    m = n + i
    print("%d  =>  %s" % (m, ecm.factor(m)))