On Wednesday, 8 February 2023 at 11:27:23 UTC dim...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Dave,

Hi Dima

We aren't maintaining Ubuntu/Debian packages, so this report should
not have gone here. :-)
Some years/releases Debian packaging of Sage is in good shape, some
years it's falling behind,
but we are trying to be helpful. (Debian is permanently short on
hands, and also slowed down
by their rather slow workflow...)

In which case

https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/installation/index.html

should be updated to reflect that. As should

https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/installation/binary.html#linux

which says "SageMath used to provide pre-built binaries for several Linux
flavors. This has been discontinued, as most major Linux distributions have
up-to-date distribution packages providing SageMath. See Linux package
managers
<https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/installation/linux.html#sec-gnu-linux>
for information."

Dave