If I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes.  All that you
need to do is to copy the sage kernel spec directory into
/usr/local/share/jupyter/kernels.  If you have installed jupyter in a
python venv then the jupyter command in the venv will always check for
kernels in that directory.  By the sage kernel spec directory I mean:
sage/venv/share/jupyter/kernels/sagemath
the kernel.json file in that directory should contain the absolute path to
the sage  executable in your installation of sage as the first item in the
"varg" list.

- Marc