It's great to see the UK Saligaokars celebrating this traditional
feast.  We wish them all the best and a very happy Feast for their May
4th event.

Unfortunately, this year in the Toronto area, we will not be
celebrating the feast with any pomp and splendor as there was no-one
coming forth to take over the reins from last year's president,
Malcolm Vaz who did a great job of the event last year.  We may have
to change the format of this traditional event as it is getting more
difficult to entice local Saligaokars to a daytime event which
increasingly is clashing with weddings and First Holy Communions.  I
guess it is a sign of the vibrant growth of the community here.

However, we (GoaNetters Association of Toronto) are holding a May
Queen dinner/dance on the eve of the feast, Saturday May 3rd, at the
International Banquet Hall on Kennedy Road in Mississauga.  The event
starts at 6:30pm with cocktails and snacks and proceeds to a full
buffet dinner accompanied to the vibrant music of the Goa Amigos and
their DJ Smart Sounds.  We will be selecting a May Queen at the event
who will go on to become the Convention Ambassador together with a
host of exciting prizes.  Tickets to the event are $25 per head (or
$200 for a table of 10, in which case the couple organizing the table
will be the guests of the Convention Committee).  We have an exciting
evening planned with a guest spot from popular Goan comedienne
Chrystal Gomes
http://www.members.tripod.com/~special_olympics/chrystalindex.html

This event is a prelude to the 2008 International Goan Convention and
we will have information available on the workshops, discussions,
presentations and entertainment events including the superhit Teatro
and the Convention Ball.  The convention takes place from July 23rd to
the 26th, which is the day slated for Viva Goa and the Grand
Convention Ball.  More information can be gleaned from
http://2008goanconvention.com .  A link to the convention information
trifold brochure has been posted online at
http://goanconventions.blogspot.com/  (You will need to select
Landscape to print it correctly)

I hope the repairs on the church roof are going well and completed in
time for the Fest back home.

Kevin

--
http://2008goanconvention.com